Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default OT-ish: "Powerwall" - will change the way the world uses energy

In article ,
Nightjar cpb@ insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:
On 02/05/2015 10:49, Lobster wrote:
This gadget made the main headline of The Times today - here's a non-
paywalled-version from the Mail:

http://tinyurl.com/l3hlslv (or
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...la-set-reveal-
home-battery-Elon-Musk-unveil-power-pack-tonight-slash-electricity-
bills.html)

Quite surprised never to have heard of this before, especially (AFAICS)
in this ng.

Thoughts? Shall I go and buy a PowerWall then?!

If everybody starts storing electricity at a cheaper night rate, the
night rate won't stay cheap for long. However, it might provide a useful
standby supply when we start to run out of power because we haven't been
building nukes fast enough.

going eevn further than that, if we generate our electricity from solar
panels, there won't be a cheap night rate - it will be a very expensive
night rate.

--
From KT24 in Surrey

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18