Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Simon Brown
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message

You kept saying what he did was a significant breakthrough.

No I didnt, I said that he did what he did in his shed/garage.

Let me refresh your memory:

In article , Simon Brown
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
. ..

The Wright brothers were over a century ago.

Yes, but Wozniak produced a significant breakthrough rather later than
that.

And he did in the sense that he was involved in producing what anyone who
wanted
one could buy. Yes, that was not unique, but I never said anything about
unique.

Same with Ford. Yes, there was nothing particularly unique about
the model T but it did have one hell of an effect on what was
buyable at the time and that was another significant breakthrough.

Harry was stupidly claiming that that didnt happen anymore.

He was just plain wrong. It still happens with software, most obviously
with VisiCalc and Linux, both were quite different to what was before
in the sense of what lots had access to because of what was done.