Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

On 30/04/15 21:19, Simon Brown wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Simon Brown
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

The Wright brothers were over a century ago.

Yes, but Wozniak produced a significant breakthrough rather later
than that.

What breakthrough was that, then?

He worked out how to make a personal computer
affordable by almost anyone who wanted to have one.

So did IBM, clive sinclair - or chris curry - and a dozen other people who
worked out what a low cost 8 bit processor made by a VERY big company
could do. When hooked up to a mass produyced TV made by another VERY big
company.

Sure, I never said that what he did was unique, just that
it was a useful advance on what we had before he did that.

Whoever did the telephone produced a significant breakthrough too.

Not recently - none of it. Those days are GONE.

No they are not, we keep seeing significant
advances like with VisiCalc and other useful apps.

We have just seen useful advances with mobile phone OSs too.