Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:

In article ,
charles wrote:
And, of course, the whole point of this is they ain't chemically
identical. Which is why it's wrong to call it diesel.

but - "diesel" is the "comprssion ignition" cycle* that the engine runs
with. It's not the fuel used - except by association.

- named after Herr Diesel its inventor.

Quite. And one of the beauties of the CI engine is it can run on a variety
of fuels. So are we just to call them all by the same name?

If so, why bother with the name biodiesel if it is just plain diesel?

We bother with the name biodiesel so that we can all feel warm and
virtuous, safe in the knowledge that it's everyone *else* who's ****ing
up the planet, not us.

The name is used indicate how it was produced.

Just like synthetic lubricating oils are named
like that to distinguish them from mineral oils.

All biodiesel does is cause starvation.

Doesnt cause starvation in the modern first world which
has a quite different problem, an obesity epidemic which
is the result of the exact opposite of starvation.