Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Simon Brown
wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Simon Brown
wrote:

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

The Wright brothers were over a century ago.

Yes, but Wozniak produced a significant breakthrough rather later
than that.

What breakthrough was that, then?

He worked out how to make a personal computer
affordable by almost anyone who wanted to have one.

Don't be a sap. He wasn't even the first and there were various others
at the time. He made it slightly better, perhaps slightly more easy to
use for the averagely technical. I speak as one who owned an Apple ][
for a while in 1978 and saw one or two Imsai 8080s at work at the time.

The personal computer was, as with powered flight, inevitable, once it
had been worked out how to make the first integrated circuits. The path
to sufficient miniaturisation for all the components of a viable
computer to be on a small number of circuit boards was assured.

I'd say the real breakthroughs there the transistor, and after that the
integrated circuit.

I thought Oregon Scientific were first?