Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

On 30/04/15 16:12, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 30/04/15 15:10, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 30/04/15 12:08, Simon Brown wrote:
Viable flying machines are a serious breakthrough.

No they are not,. They *were* perhaps a serious breakthrough, but
really all the breakthrough was in fact the petrol internal combustion
engine. Once that existed aircraft were inevitable.

Yes, because of the power to weight ratio - something that fluffy bunny
halfwits cannot comprehend. From time to time, also, one hears of
people imagining we might put steam engines in cars. It doesn't occur
to them to wonder why steam engines are so large.

they aren't. I saw a mamod steam engine smaller than a shoe box...:-)

Humph. I thought the condenser size was the issue.

dont need a condenser if you only want 7% efficiency :-)