Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Harris[_3_] James Harris[_3_] is offline

Default Aldi and Lidl sliding compound mitre saws

"newshound" wrote in message
.. .
On 30/04/2015 14:33, James Harris wrote:
FYI Aldi and Lidl show SCMSs for £80. Aldi's is on Thu 7 May and,
perspicaciously (!), Lidl have theirs coming up three days before, on
Mon 4 May.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuy...oduct-page-37/

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-...etail&id=22917

What I like about my similar priced Evolution "second" is that it will
also cut through dexion, or 1/8 inch aluminium. (Maybe these blades
will too).

I have seen such saws advertised to cut through metal including nails
etc which could be handy. Any idea what makes a blade suitable for
metal?

I saw that B&Q had a special offer on an Evolution compound mitre saw
recently (the Fury 3B) for just £38 but on checking it turned out that
it was not a sliding one.

James