Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Brown[_2_] Simon Brown[_2_] is offline

Default Completely serious angle grinder question

wrote in message
On Thursday, 30 April 2015 11:34:26 UTC+1, Simon Brown wrote:
"Bert Coules" wrote in message
o.uk...
Simon, thanks for all that. Good sense.

True. But there are plenty of youtube videos explaining that basic
stuff and that is arguably better than any printed manual can be.

I agree that a visual demonstration can be better than a written one,
especially when so many many are so abysmally written, but surely a
manufacturer shouldn't *rely* on external instructions which a
purchaser
might or might not look at (assuming that said purchaser has internet
access at all).

Yes, they should have instructions that make it clear what can injure you
and the best of them would provide their own well done videos too.

Indeed. But its more expense,

Sure, but not much given that its spread over all of those they sell.

and a better idiot will find a way to do as they suggest and still get
injured.

Sure, but there isn't much can be done about those.

Maybe they could fund a tool safety organisation or something.

I think youtube leaves that approach for dead.

Doubtless the govt will ram that scam on us next, and we'll
have to pay twice the price for every new AG and be forced
to watch ome dopey sod stating the obvious for 2 hours
before being allowed to take the new purchase home.

I doubt it. They don't even do that with cars.