Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default OTish fibre broadband,home networking etc

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 19:04:42 +0100, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

You say wireless is no good due to the walls - you can install more than
one access point, you know.

Which is why I bought the Aldi WLR-510. It's probably wise to
manually set the channel(s) used when you have more than one AP so
they don't stomp on each other also bear in mind if one AP is
wireless n it needs two channels to achieve the "300 Mbps". I'm not
sure if the additional bandwidth has to be above the allocated
channel or not. Only channels 3, 6 & 11 don't mutally intefer. I'd
bung the main and wireless n cabable AP on ch 3 and secondary AP on
ch 11.

I thought it was 1, 6 and 11 don't overlap.

--
Chris Green
ยท