Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT - Flash Photography

On 29/04/2015 20:18, fred wrote:
On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 3:58:02 PM UTC+1, Dennis@home wrote:
On 29/04/2015 12:11, fred wrote:

Someone above claimed that 4k video was the equivalent to 200ASA
which nonsensical statement might indicate the quality of some
people in this discussion.

That was me and if you think 200ASA film was any better than 4k
video frames then show me one that is. I doubt if a 100 ASA film
would actually be better than the 3840 x 2160 pixels of 4k video.

ASA refers to the light sensitive of film. Not directly comparable to
4K which is a measure of resolution. The developing process will have
enormous effect on the resolution of any film regardless of the ASA,
though generally speaking the lower ASA rating the higher the
resolution. I get what you are talking about just think the
comparison poor.Generally speaking current sensors outperform film.

They started to outperform film a few years ago, most 35mm film is only
about 5 megapixels and has less dynamic range.