Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish fibre broadband,home networking etc

News formulated the question :

We use homeplugs (yeah, I know) because solid, thick granite walls completely
bollix wireless signals. Router is connected directly to BT main socket, and
feeds a homeplug. There is another homeplug in the kitchen, to which our
(self and wife) laptops connect, wirelessly.

Son is in another room, and his desktop is hard wired to another homeplug,
yet our downloads are far faster than his.

They work best, if they are on the same ring main, plus sometimes there
can be equipment plugged in which interferes with the signal or even
filters it out.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)