Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 18:20:07 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The pollution created by an IC engine depends on the type of fuel
in use.

Drivel.

Sigh. Try doing some basic research, Harry. Even you should be able
to do that.

Brain dead as usual.
All diesel engines produce NOx and carbon particles.

I wasn't talking about diesel engines. Why would I when the thread isn't
about them? 'IC' refers to internal combustion which covers petrol and
diesel types as well as those running on alternative fuels like LPG and
so on.

boggle Couldn't make it up, could you?

Harry, you are _priceless_. Clueless, witless, brainless but also
priceless.

Why do you suppose they are trying to fit exhaust gas modifying
devices?
Mostly a failure to date

Depends what you mean by a failure. Cats. are very effective on some
types of IC engines, emitting cleaner air than they burn, in terms of
NOx, etc.

Indeed. Just look at the various Euro emission levels to see if it's a
"failure" or not...

Take NOx - which this latest scaremongering is about...
Euro 3 (2000) introduced a cap on diesel NOx of 0.5g/km.
Euro 6 (2014) is 0.08g/km

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europea...sion_standards

The London ULEZ (from 2020) is probably going to do a lot to address the
NOx failures, but expect similar in other big city centres.