Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster

Default OT - Flash Photography

On Monday, April 27, 2015 at 11:06:04 AM UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 25 April 2015 09:47:51 UTC+1, fred wrote:
On Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:21:51 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, 24 April 2015 11:45:26 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:

Pro cameras and their types aren't fixed in stone, it is a loose term
that generaly terms a camera that a profesional photographer is likely to use in his work. These camera are usually expensive and high end and FF DLSRs.
Where as pink compact camerqa with a hello kitty camera is NOT considered a Pro camera as professional photographers are unlikey to use it in his professonal role as a photographer.

What?? Dammit I've been had!

NT

All this talk about pros this and pro that. Would someone like to try defining what a pro is ?

I did that above.

A pro is considered to be someone that makes money from what they do and that money isn a significant part of their income.

Portrait photographer?
Landscape photographer ?
Wedding photographer?
Sports photographer?
Fashion photographer ?

This is anything but an exhaustive list but the requirements of all of the above differ so what one requires of a camera will differ from the next..

Yep and a pro would choose the camera that they see is best for the work they do.

Streuth. Talk about changing horses mid stream. There you are wittering about how pros wouldn't use mirrorless and now you're saying they will use what most appropriate for the job. Why are you repeating what I just said. Is this an admission that you were incorrect ?
The point is, and you fail to grasp it, that current mirrorless cameras meet the requirements of many pros which is why many pros use them.

It is absolute bollix nonsense to say 'Pros' don't use mirrorless cameras.

No one said that.

Oh dear. Re read and inwardly digest.

I mentioned one well known blogger who uses nothing else (Kirk Tuck @ The Visual Scinece Lab) but there are many many more. The market for DSLRs is dropping every year much to the chagrin of both Nikon and Canon. There is a very good reason for this.

Yep phones.

No Not phones you twit. Phones are replacing the point and shoot market, not the dsalr one. The traditional dslr is rapidly becoming a dinosaur.
All this nonsense reminds me of when auto focussing cameras first came into being. Oh the pros will never use this. They can focus so much quicker etc.

Corect and the pros didn;t use them until they became good enough for them in their job.

Which is exactly what is happening now with mirrorless.

Right.
Same with the introduction of digital cameras. Oh the pros will never use them.Quality isn't good enough etc. Right, again.

and it wasn;t so they didn;t the pros waited until the quality was high enough to ditch film.

Which is exactly what is happening now with mirrorless.

The LX100 will allow still images be extracted from 4k video of a quality suitable for 90% of all work, be it pro or otherwise.

Maybe 90% is just not good enough.

But if it is being used it obviously is good enough. The right tool for the jobn many cases

They had an interesting lecture on the Panasonic stand at the last Photokina where a pro wedding photographer showed images from 4K video he regularly uses in his photo albums.

They say one swallow doesn't make a summer.

You point being ? Do you think I should trawl through the interent to turn up myriad examples of this to show you ?

Sony are gradually introducing 'E'lens for their 7 range and they are of excellent quality.

But as has been pointed out 1000s of existing lenses can be mounted on the 7 body. I bought a few M42 screw thread Pentax lenses for pennies to play with and find the quality more than adequate for what I want.

Perhaps somne would find using thos eold lenese on old camera are more than a adequate and don't feel the need to spend money on a new body.

Excuse me. I'm using them on a Sony 7. A full frame mirrorless camera of recent origin

Flogging a dead horse setting DSLRS against mirrorless. There will always be
a few die-hards just as there is those who continue to extoll the virtues of film but really its all over now.

Not yet it isn't when all you can do is compare it with a 6 year-old camera.

^ year old camera. Whta 6 year old camera.

I doubt 4k Pro film makers will be buying the sony mirror-less.

Strikes me you are the owner of a very old dslr and are now just miffed. You've demonstrated your knowledge of the current mirrorless market is very very little. Have you even handled one of the latest mirrorless cameras never mind used one?