Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

On 28/04/2015 17:31, Tim w wrote:
On 28/04/2015 17:24, Capitol wrote:
Tim w wrote:
On 28/04/2015 16:44, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:38:16 +0100, Tim w wrote:

This could really change a lot of things

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/audi-create...-future-using-
just-carbon-dioxide-water-1498524

Could that be a use for wind turbine electricity ?

That's certainly what's claimed, that you can use wind or solar to
synthesise the Blue Crude.

Tim W

It looks like snake oil. The efficiency of the process is not
mentioned. What is the cost per litre of production?

Almost certainly pathetic unless you start with refined pure materials
and then you have to include the cost of refining them.

I don't know if it's mentioned in that article but elsewhere it is
stated as 70%

The unstated assumptions going into that so called 70% including having
a convenient cylinder of pure 2000psi CO2 as a feedstock rather than
taking it out of the air as a real greenwash project would have to.

Production is not underway, it's an experimental process producing only
on a small scale so you won't get an answer to that.

Tim W

Basically it is Audi marketing bull**** wearing a green vest.

When they publish in Nature or with patents I will take it seriously.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown