Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Synthetic fuel from green energy - News

Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Why not use the renewable energy to cut down on
gas used for electricity generation or house heating,

Because nukes work MUCH better for that, essentially
because they work most of the time and renewables don’t.

and use liquefied gas for road transport?

We do already. Virtually all of our taxi fleet use that.

Diesel has some advantages for heavy vehicles tho,
but its better to grow that than to make it that way.

Makes sense to me to use any energy as efficiently as possible.

Makes sense to use nukes where ever they are viable.