Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Maximum bath temperature

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 19:50:39 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 has brought this to us :
Oh no, not more Nanny state!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...y-bath-be.html

How stupid do you have to be to get into a bath that's too hot? When you toe
hits the water, you simply say ouch, remove your toe, and add cold water.

I would actually welcome a thermostatic mixer on the bath, but not for
safety reasons, just to automate the filling process. I deliberately
have our HW set at 85C. For the downstairs washbasin, which I most
often use especially when I've been working, I fitted one so we now
have a single tap dispensing water at a hot but quite comfortable
temperature. No need of mixing the HW & CW in the basin, just run it
until it comes out hot and put the plug in or wash under a steady flow.
Likewise with a bath, just turn the flow on and watch the level -
perfect temperature every time. what is not to like, but to force these
upon us - no.

I do it an even easier way, I don't heat the water. Soap and shampoo work fine in cold water.

--
Sky have just won the rights to screen the first World Origami Championships from Tokyo.
Unfortunately it's only available on Paper View.