Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Completely serious angle grinder question

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 03:38:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The one brand to totally avoid is power devil. A site boss bought
several PD tools, all were dead 30 days later.

Pretty sure it was Power Devil(*) orbital sander that exploded on me.
The dicast metal backing plate just disintegrated. Lumps taken out of
wall and I was finding bits of shrapnel all over the room for ages.

(*) Pale grey red fittings, dark adjustable front handle.

--
Cheers
Dave.