Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Completely serious angle grinder question

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:12:38 +0100, Bert Coules wrote:

The idea of a case is appealing though, and the Bosch doesn't have one
of those. Whether the extra cost for, say, the Hitachi is worth it
just for the case (and one disc) though, is another matter.

I have a case for my (low-end, about £40 some years ago) Makita. TBH,
it's a pita. Trying to get the cable to get in the case and stay there
whilst I latch it, especially if there's a few discs in there too... and
if you had the side-handle on, it'd need to be removed before putting it
away. Sure, it keeps it tidy and the spanner handy (if I've put it back
in!), but it takes up a LOT more space than just the grinder would.

How organised are you?

If you're disorganised, you won't use it, just trip over it, and the
spanner and discs'll never be in it anyway.

If you're hyper-organised, you don't need it, because you'll always be
able to find the spanner and the discs and the handle.

If you're somewhere in the middle, it may or may not get properly used
and be a benefit...