Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:39:42 +0100, Chris French wrote:

I don't think the intention is to replace their own brands with the
branded stuff sio much. Tesco White and Wholemeal sliced bread sells
for 40p (in our local Tesco express anyway)

Tesco wholemeal (75p/800g loaf) has gradually become like hens teeth
up here in the last few months. First it would be two or even three
empty crates, then back in the following week and for a few weeks but
by the end only two crates. Then it would disappear completely come
back but only a single crate. These days it's rarely even an empty
crate, even the "Stay Fresh" has gone. The "Everyday Value" is still
about.

Maybe we are too far from the bakery and dropping the price to Aldi
levels means it loses money?

--
Cheers
Dave.