Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Monday, 27 April 2015 13:22:18 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 25 April 2015 07:48:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message

(of course, some people do manage to pack the bags properly at the
checkout.

Yeah, I do.

But they take a long time,

I don't.

and that's what slows the whole queue).

I don't. I pack the bags as fast as the checkout droid runs them thru the
checkout.

Just a few posts above you said
"I personally use self checkouts whenever I can. "

And that is obviously talking about when I can't use a self checkout,
stupid.

Why can't you use one ? Sainsbury where I go have a queue of at least 20 for those checkouts.

The other things I find slow queuses down is actually paying,

Yes, some fools still use cash.

Still a fact lots of older shoppers use cash. I rarey use cash and often asked for cashback for those plkacxes where I use cash.
Those 'fools' that don't use cash still have to insert their card then the PIN then the reward card, then remove CC. It's not that much faster if any to use a card because I have to stopm packing m,y goods in order to use the card.
Usually I'd just hand over the £20 note and carry on packing I don't accept the change until I finish packing.

not eveyone is quick with putting in the PIN of the
card, then there's getting the reward points then
the little slips of paper receipts and offers,

We mostly aren't actually stupid enough to do it like that.

So you're stupid enough to do it diferntly then well done.

then cashback, or the older person sorting
out their change or getting chanage.

Yes, those should be summarily executed.

I'd prefer if they shopped at differnt times.

The scanning in is usually the quickest part by far.

Not with a full trolley.

makes no differnce how full the trolly is.
if yuo can wave product A past the laserts at 1 every second then what differnce does the number of items in the trolly make to the speed of scanning?

What I find in the cheaper places, are the 2-5
kids arounfd the trolly asking mum/dad for
sweets and teh parent having to say no and
replacing the sweets back on the shelf and
the kids sitting in the trolleys.

Don't see much of that myself, but that is because I mostly
do the supermarket run before the brats are around.

I do mostly, I almost always shop after 5pm.