Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default OTish; Laptops

In message , Davey
writes
My Samsung has the touchpad much more centred than that, not that it
would worry me anyway, since I rarely use it. And the off-centre effect
of the spacebar doesn't worry me either, I don't always have my
document in the middle of the screen, and I have a decent length thumb.
In fact, I have two. Since it all fits nicely with the 15.6" screen,
I'm happy.

Theo above got exactly what I meant. I have used several laptops with
keypads and every one felt a bit different from the rest because of the
touchpad positioning, and most annoyed me. Touchpads can be quite
complicated and may need a bit of setting up

I do use the touchpad (and/or the trackpoint now that I'm mainly on
Lenovo/IBM's) because I want to just have one thing to throw into the
car, not external things with cables as well
--
Bill