Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish; Laptops

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Time has come to replace the tower PC with a laptop, so I'm after some
advice from the learned people here, since I'm a computer numpty.

Have you actually thought this through?

I have a decent laptop and a desktop. The laptop is (obviously) useful
where I need a portable device, but I far prefer the desktop for general
use.

Reasons? Bigger and better screen, full sized keyboard and proper mouse.
Of course you could add all those to a laptop - but then it is no longer
portable. Other thing is a desktop is easy to repair/extend etc, a laptop
usually not.

--
*Great groups from little icons grow *

Dave Plowman London SW