Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 25 April 2015 07:48:58 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message

(of course, some people do manage to pack the bags properly at the
checkout.

Yeah, I do.

But they take a long time,

I don't.

and that's what slows the whole queue).

I don't. I pack the bags as fast as the checkout droid runs them thru the
checkout.

Just a few posts above you said
"I personally use self checkouts whenever I can. "

And that is obviously talking about when I can't use a self checkout,
stupid.

The other things I find slow queuses down is actually paying,

Yes, some fools still use cash.

not eveyone is quick with putting in the PIN of the
card, then there's getting the reward points then
the little slips of paper receipts and offers,

We mostly aren't actually stupid enough to do it like that.

then cashback, or the older person sorting
out their change or getting chanage.

Yes, those should be summarily executed.

The scanning in is usually the quickest part by far.

Not with a full trolley.

What I find in the cheaper places, are the 2-5
kids arounfd the trolly asking mum/dad for
sweets and teh parent having to say no and
replacing the sweets back on the shelf and
the kids sitting in the trolleys.

Don't see much of that myself, but that is because I mostly
do the supermarket run before the brats are around.