Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:19:12 +0100, MM wrote:

Even here there is a story to be told! At Aldi I buy either their Both
In One bread, which is a rip-off of Best of Both by Hovis. However,
Aldi also sell Kingsmill 50/50,

Normally get the Kingsmill 50/50 as that is what I'm told to buy.
Hovis Best of Both is not as nice and I agree. Is the Aldi Both in
One just a different wrapper on a Hovis Best of Both?

BiO or 50/50, and the winner is always... not the price, but the use
by date! Sometimes (mostly, in fact), Kingsmill has a longer use by
date and I'll happily pay the extra 20 pence.

You pay attention to dates on food? So half a loaf would go in the
bin at Use By +1? With bread if it's not going green and furry it's
good enough for toast at the very least. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.