Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tofu {Was: Age-Related Aches and Pains}

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 08:06:21 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

You need to get thee to a chinese restaurant - proper tofu is yummy

Agreed but you really need to find the one or three proper chinese
restraunts in a China Town area of a big city. The restraunts that
the local chinese population use for their good nights out birthday,
aniversarys etc.

You can cook it in soup, deep fry it (though I doubt your doctor had
that in mind).

Aye, I think for most western palats tofu is lacking in texture and
flavour. Also the Cauldron Foods isn't that good as far as tofu is
concerned. The carton Yutaka "Japanese Style Silken Tofu" (red and
black packaging) is far better, there is another carton one as well,
mainly white packaging, but not tried that one yet.

You do need to press it for quite a while with moderate pressure to
get as much water out as possible. Four or five sheets of kitchen
roll on a plate, already drained tofo block, more kitchen roll,
another plate and all your scale weights, couple of pounds or so, on
top. Check after 15 mins change kitchen roll another 15 mins, check
etc.

--
Cheers
Dave.