Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

"MM" wrote in message
On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 08:33:35 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

So how do you find Asda and Lidl? There was not one near us before but a
new one has opened up... Lidl's still a bit of a hike though.

I was in Asda yesterday. I believe it's the next cheapest to Aldi.
Lidl isn't as cheap as Aldi, BUT Lidl does do a lot of really far out
delicacies which are truly scrumptious. They're making it their
speciality while Aldi concentrates on really low prices and special
offers in DIY etc.

Now, while I went to Asda, and don't go there as often nowadays, the
size of the store compared to a typical Aldi or Lidl was overwhelming.
Simply negotiating the myriad number of aisles, the number of floor
staff (none of which knows where anything is), the huge ranks of
checkouts, it's more than I'm used to now. I prefer the more compact
model of shopping at Aldi, which is so much smaller. One can zoom
around in no time.

Problem is that they don't have everything you need, so you have to go
somewhere else as well, so that really ****s up the zooming around.