R. Steve Walz

Default Alternate treatment for depression

BigMike wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message
BigMike wrote:

There are many situations where science cannot help people. These people
should not be left without any options, which is the case many times.

People
who have a life threatening form of cancer which is not responding to
medical treatment, many times will turn to alternatives, and who can

blame
them. If your going to die, why not try whatever you feel might help in

some
way. Depression is the same thing. If the medical profession cannot help
you, which many times is the case, especially when dealing with the

human
mind, then instead of waiting for the situation to get so far out of

hand
that it destroys lives, it's time to try other alternatives. The idea

of
selfhelp will power helping people overcome self-induced depression is
hardly a new one, but it is shunned to a degree, by professionals in

the
mental health field.

----------------------
That's because it doesn't work. The way to change people so that they
are more likely to feel better is to modify their responses, which
involves having an effect on them by what YOU do to them, not tell
them to do it themselves. If they could, they WOULD! We can change each
other, BUT we cannot change ourselves, because we ARE ourselves!

Who we are, is subject to change.

-----------------
But not by us, because a thing cannot change itself, we can be said
to change, but from other causes.

Since science beleives that everything is based around cause and

effect,
they always want to know the cause of the depression. That's where the
problems start for many people seeking help with depression.

--------------------------
Depression lifts when you find the cause and give them good orgasms.
If you try to talk them out of feeling bad without ****ing them, you're
merely being dishonest.

You sound sexually frustrated Steve. Maybe that's you problem

-----------------------------
No, oversexed. ;-

Concidering the
complexity of the human mind, science fails many times when trying to

find
this "cause" and often mistakes the wrong events as the "cause".

------------------------
That's because western psychology is usually very stupid, puritan,
and useless compared to a good sex partner, or even just a friend
who halfway cares about you.

huh?

------------------------
It's true, it's very much less efficacious than friendships.

I have
learned from my own experiences that when dealing with depression,

finding
the "cause" can be far less important than finding help for the problem.

The
reason is that self-induced depression can be more a result of not

wanting
to deal with events in life, then the actual events themselves.

-----------------------
And if people could treat themselves for it, they WOULD! This MEANS
that they can't, since they don't and then talk about it on Usenet!

Most people do not chat on Usenet Steve. Unlike us, they actually have a
life

----------------
I type really fast.

Because of
my own past experiences with depression, I beleive there is not an

actual
cure for it, but rather methods that can be learned to control it.

Whether
we like it or not, we all have to deal with negative events in our

lives.
Learning how to deal with these events, past, present, and future, is
paramount in beating depression. Masking the events is not always the

best
approach, and can often lead to far more serious problems.

Nobody should have to suffer and not be allowed alternatives

treatments
for any medical or mental condition, simply because science does not

approve
of them.

--------------------------
Science, when applied by westerners to personal problems, isn't
as good as a good ****.
-Steve

Your all class, Steve. LOL

I think what I am is very very good, and as a confirmed violent
Communist, unrelated to "class".
-Steve
--
-Steve Walz ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!