David

Default Lightening/cable surge = Sony TV problem

If all you can operate is a screwdriver, then no, it is not something you
can do yourself.
If you have experience working a temperature controlled soldering station
and desoldering around ultra small surface mount components and doing
circuit board rework, then maybe, as long as you had the training with the
safety aspects of working inside the tv set.

David

silvermoonwoman wrote in message
Thanks guys, for the info. If I could get the tuner part (where would
I get it, direct from Sony?), is it something I might attempt to do
myself? I can operate a screwdriver

Regards,
Sheri