Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish; Laptops

On 26/04/2015 13:49, Martin Brown wrote:

If you are going to use it as a desktop replacement consider a docking
station to go with it and if it isn't likely to spend too much time
being hand carried then I reckon the extra inch of screen real estate is
worth having for working large spreadsheets. YMMV

Never heard of a docking station, thanks, off to have a look.

Even more confused now. What exactly is a docking station?

Something like:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/fileadm...ckSlice_06.jpg

It generally adds convenience rather that functionality - though
sometimes it gives you more ports (eg USB) than might be available on
the laptop.

I could use one, using my laptop for work - but they are ofter very
expensive to save me plugging 4 wires...