Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 09:07:31 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

On 22/04/15 18:36, Bob Eager wrote:

Indeed. I quite like Ryvita (the dark rye one) and it's quite filling.

So do you have any good recipes for breakfast and lunch? Ideally ones
that don't need much prep?

I tried the ryvita with a pack of pate and it was a nice lunch - but 653
based on the smallest pack of pate Sainsburys express at Charing Cross
sold (ie not very small).

I use a quarter of the square Sainsburys pack on four Ryvita. It's still
piled on, not just a smear. But that's at home right now as I'm on
holiday!

I'm sure there are a few other toppings that could work well too...

Sainsbury's low fat cheddar is OK - not marvellous, but good with Marmite
added. Also various cooked meats - just read the pack. I usually have
butter - not a lot of difference between that and the various 'margarine'
things and it makes it much nicer and therefore more attractive.

A really low one is Laughing Cow Light - but not so satisfying.

SWMBO did burgers the other night. My concession was to have two burgers
(quarter pounders) in one bun. Even had chips, but she spoiled it by
serving up onion rings!

Co-Op do some reasonable 'lower fat' sandwiches if I don't have anything
with me.

wish to copy them they can pay me £3 0a message.