Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

"MM" wrote in message
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 23:27:06 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:17:37 +0100, MM wrote:

I don t. I pack the bags as fast as the checkout droid runs them

thru
the checkout.

I don't believe that for one moment.

Well I do but only because decent checkout operators only scan
slightly faster than the stuff is being packed.

Unless your "bag" curiously is as large as, and forms the shape of, a
trolley, maybe!

The only way to keep up with an Aldi check out operator going full
tilt is to hope that the goods have enough momentum to carry them
straight into the trolly. Just picking up and putting randomly and
untidyly into the trolley is slower than the scanning.

No, I assist the operator by grabbing each item as she releases it,
then shoving it into the trolley. I'm more careful with some items
like eggs, but most items can withstanding the chucking no probs. It's
rare if I can't keep up with her.

But Rod reckons he packs his *bags* as fast!

I never said that. The checkout droid puts
them in the bags as they are scanned.

I use self checkouts whenever I can and put stuff
in the bags as fast as any of the checkout droids do.