Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On Sun, 26 Apr 2015 00:57:33 +0100, "bm" wrote:

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:17:37 +0100, MM wrote:

I don t. I pack the bags as fast as the checkout droid runs them
thru
the checkout.

I don't believe that for one moment.

Well I do but only because decent checkout operators only scan
slightly faster than the stuff is being packed.

Unless your "bag" curiously is as large as, and forms the shape of, a
trolley, maybe!

The only way to keep up with an Aldi check out operator going full
tilt is to hope that the goods have enough momentum to carry them
straight into the trolly. Just picking up and putting randomly and
untidyly into the trolley is slower than the scanning.

I'm not convinced. Scanning them has to be a little slower
just because the items do have to go past the scanner even
with the stuff that has multiple barcodes so that the droid
doesn't have to get the orientation right. But it makes more
sense for the droid to just chuck them in the trolley and
the customer can do what they like about packing their
bags out of the trolley, just as long as they don't do that
at the checkout. That can be at their car if its not raining
or somewhere for that in the store if it is raining etc.

You're not convinced? LOL
You should've seen them without scanners and they input the cost per item,
from memory.

And they were doing that 40 years ago when I used to shop at Aldi in
Germany when it was still called Albrecht.

MM