Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Age-Related Aches and Pains

On 25 Apr 2015 09:02:37 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Why should other customers have to wait for you to pack your

stuff at
the checkout when you can move it the shelf?

Quite and I expect that actually having to pay comes as a big
surprise and the wallet/purse has to be recovered from the bottom of
a bag full of shopping but which bag? Never the first one, when they
find it they also find some vouchers, some of which might not be
valid, so they check each one and have to ask their partner, Barney,
if they bought the 300 g packet of Wotsits or the 500 as the voucher
(value 5 "points") is for the 300 g, Barney then has to find the
packet of Wotsits to check. Catches eye of check out operator. Yes,
dear? Oh yes, pay, How much? £67.48. Counts out single £10 notes,
runs out at £50. Oh that's a surprise shopping is just *SO* expensive
these days. Barney which card shall I use? Sorry Doris, what was
that? Here is the 500 g packet of Wotsits. Well you'd better go and
swap it then. Off goes Barney, returns a several minuets later but no
300 g bag of Wotsits as there were none on the shelf and he had to
wait for some one to check out the back, none there either. Pay, ah
yes. How much money is in the bank account. Oh I don't know dear, use
the credit card. Extracts credit card and eventually finds slot on
the chip 'n pin reader. PIN, ah yes the PIN, 3 which button is 3?
Barney can you find my glasses, the numbers are so small. Thank you,
now 3 beep, 7 beep, Barney is it 9 or 2 next? Sorry dear? After
the 7, 9 or 2? 9. Thank you, now 9, where is it? I do wish they'd
stop moving the numbers about. Ah there you are beep and 5 beep
at least that one never moves. Takes of glasses, waits. You need to
press enter, Sorry dear? You need to press enter. Oh yes, silly me.
Now which one is enter, Barney have you got my glasses? They're in
your hand, dear. Oh yes, thank you. Enter enter where is it, ah got
you beep. Heres your receipt and you saved £1.73 today. Come along
Barney haven't you packed those bags yet? Here put that in there, no
not there that bag has bleach in it. Right come along, of we go.
Excuse me, don't forget your card. Sorry dear? Your card. Pardon.
Your card, it's still in the machine. Oh yes, so it is thank you.

If you go to Wing Yip in Croydon (well, Waddon ish) they *unload*

your
trolley and *pack* afterwards.

SWMBO moans that most places don't pack it 'her' way.

I *HATE* places that want to pack for you, several reasons. 1) The
packers rarely handle the goods I've just bought carefully. 2) The
goods are just stuffed into a bag with no thought as to how they fit
together and stick into each other when the bag is picked up. 3)
Stuff gets randomly stuffed into various bags, "fridge" stuff is
mixed with "vegetable" is mixed with "dry".

Packing is done with the unpacking back home in mind, stuff goes into
cupboards in at least two different places in the house.

--
Cheers
Dave.