John Flax

Default AAA battery chargers

"Tim Downie" wrote in message
I've got a GPS gadget that uses AAA batteries in threes. I'd like to use
rechargeables but my existing charger (one of those Uniross plug thingies)
will only charge 2 or 4 batteries at a time.

Now I do have four batteries but I've had problems with using my gadget on
rechargeables (the batteries seem to expire long before they ought to)

which
I suspect is due to having to pair a discharged battery with a partially
charged one for charging (NmH btw).

Are there any AAA battery chargers that charge each battery individually?
Would it be worth investing in a discharger/charger or are these only

really
useful for Nicads?

TIA

Tim

--
Remove the *obvious* to reply by mail

I have a UNIROSS 3-5 H* CHARGER. The instruction leaflet says that it will
charge three AAA/batteries. As you can see in the following extract from
the instructions it says this twice ('l to 4 batteries size AA' and 'It is
possible to charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 R6 size batteries'). My batteries are
labelled AA / R6 / Mignon (a rose by any other name...)

When I had a battery problem, I phoned Uniross and found them very friendly
and helpful.

Uniross Batteries Ltd

Tel: (01275) 858101 Fax: (01275) 810078

Address: Uniross Ho, Blackfriars Rd, Nailsea, Bristol, BS48 4DJ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UNIROSS 3-5 H* CHARGER
• Use the charger only for Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) or Nickel-Metal Hydride
(Ni-MH) batteries. Do not attempt to charge any other battery types.
• Do not charge Nickel-Cadmium (Ni-Cd) batteries at the same time as
Nickel-Metal Hydride (NI-MH) batteries. Do not mix the two technologies.

CHARACTERISTICS
1. Compact charger
The UNIROSS compact charger (RC101159, RC101160, RC101161 - British plug –
or RC101156, RC101157, RC101158- European plug) is designed to charge NI-Cd
or Ni-MH batteries in the following sizes / quantities:
• l to 4 batteries size AAA / R03 / Micro
• l to 4 batteries size AA / R6 / Micro
• 1 to 2 batteries size 9V Block / R22 / PP3.
It is possible to charge 1, 2, 3 or 4 R09 or R6 size batteries. R22
batteries can be recharged individually or in pairs. It is possible to
charge 1 and/or 2 R03 and/or R6 batteries and one R22 battery at the same
time.