Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Whats the easiest and most cost effective way of powering some lighting in a garage?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:12:37 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

Very nice but what I'd like to know is whether it has a lithium battery,
of the sort that seems to keep its charge indefinitely. If it's only
going to be used once in a blue moon, and (apparently) can't be used
while charging, I wouldn't be very happy finding that the battery had
self-discharged.

I have an "XQ-LITE XQ1279, 5 W, 380 lm". Lithium battery, yes, last months
unused. And it charges of a 12 volt car cigarette plug as well as mains. Small,
-- and even smaller if the handle and foot are removed, they make up most of the
volume.

Bright, cold light, and the light is practically a point source and gives hard
shadows. Not very pleasant, but its a work light, not mood lighting, and it
woeks very well for that.

Thomas Prufer