Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Flash Photography

On 2015-04-19, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 12:01:13 +0100, charles wrote:

In article , Broadback
wrote:
On 19/04/2015 11:33, DerbyBorn wrote:

[17 lines snipped]

Similar to people taking flash photos in a theatre, where the light can
barely reach the subject.

opr even at the Edinburgh Tattoo.

Yes, that was bloody annoying.

Actually, I quite like the "sparkling" effect in the background at large
audience events as all the people try to take photos with their PHD (*)
cameras. Don't they ever wonder why the photographers at sporting events
have about 3ft of glass which cost £10K on the front of their cameras?

Most probbaly realise it's because they get paid to do so. for most it's not about capturing a great picture but capturing an event they were actually at.
It is there moment in time. I know that a friends picture he took at the olympics is worth 100X more than a picture that buzz aldrin took on the moon..
It's all about achieving something for yourself rather than be spoon fed by another.