Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default UKIP amaze me

On 17/04/2015 12:04, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 17 April 2015 11:09:43 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:

What evidence do they have that UKIP politicians are not exactly the
same?

They don't need evidence,...

Why not? If one of the reasons for voting UKIP is that the other
politicians are corrupt and / or inefficient, you should want evidence
that they are significantly different.

if someone is offering to help you, you rarely ask for evidence, especailly when you see others offering are not what you want.

I would think that is exactly when you most need evidence of their good
intent.

Indeed, I can't help but think they will have more than their fair
share, as a result of people of that ilk defecting from other parties in
the hope that they might do better in a new, smaller, party.

In fact they tend to regard most of the media and establishment in the
same way.

In short you have a worldview where the world is run by a pretty well
connected but loose coalition of total ****s.

A fairly paranoid world view IMO.

But not that far from the truth from a lot of peoples points of view.

So, there are a lot of paranoid people about.

I am quite old enough to remember and, IMO, the only change has been
that things that would have once been ignored, or even subject to a D
Notice, get reported. It is the awareness that has changed, not the
occurrence.

Being aware of something is that such a bad thing....

Not at all. I am merely pointing out that a perception that things have
got worse does not equate to them actually getting worse. Things ain't
what they used to be has been a familiar, but usually mistaken, cry down
the ages.

--
Colin Bignell