Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT; Customers....

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 17:49:24 UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 13/04/2015 23:54, alan_m wrote:
Message left on Sunday morning.

"My kitchen taps need new washers, can you come around and give me an
estimate".

It's TV programs such as rogue traders that encourage people to always
get 3 estimates - and the plumbing expert will often point out a tap
washer costs ONLY 10p and it takes no more than 10 minutes to change.

Without considering;

(a) The cost of travel.
(b) What more profitable use of time the plumber has.

Why do they need to consider the two items above.

They are the reason it makes no sense to get
3 estimates for changing a tap washer, stupid.

The consumer programs I've seen always assume the jpob
takes 30mins or an hour as minimuim charge times for a job.

Irrelevant to whether it makes any sense to get
3 estimates for changing a tap washer, stupid.