R. Steve Walz

Default Alternate treatment for depression

Andrew VK3BFA wrote:

"R. Steve Walz" wrote in message ...
Chris Carlen wrote:

R. Steve Walz wrote:
It doesn't have to be, show me JUST ONE demonstrated instance of
something violating physical cause and effect, NO matter HOW complex.

I don't really understand your question so can you give me some examples
from your point of view.

-----------
Don't be ridiculous. Use your mind.

The one who's responses are all predetermined, no doubt.

-------------------------
Yes, and if you respond to my beseechment to do so, one which I
was always inevitably going to give, then you will do so, and if
not, then you won't, of course! But our efforts can only change
each other, and not ourselves, because we ARE ourselves. The
knowledge that it CAN work is a cause that can produce effect
in our deeds.

Why are Rightists always such ****-****ing disingenuous liars
about logic and argument?

It's like you have no honor of any kind because you have
no rudder for Truth.

I have enough of a rudder to know that nothing that comes out of your
mouth is truth.

------------------------------
You have nuthin' but wish-fulfillment.

Guess what? That's riiiiight! What did you think a brain is anyway?

And who or what is in control of all of this? The tooth fairy?

-----------------
Show me ANYTHING that does NOT obey cause and effect.

Here's one that will never, ever, so long as you live be understandable
with your mighty logic, Steve. That is, the reason the mind can be
changed,

------------
Of course the Mind can be changed, but simply not by YOUR mind if by
YOUR own INTENT!! Intent is relativistic, and the only place to stand
and control your mind is in the efforts of another to do so, or the
accidental ways he or she does so!

and isn't predetermined, is precisely because it perfectly
obeys cause and effect.

-----------------------------
Nonsense, that MEANS the Mind is a result of cause and effect, and
all of those are entirely beyond any control you imagine you have
over your ideas. That's because your ideas are effects of causes.

You see Steve there is a little prerequisite for becoming aware of
truths of the mind, and of the nature of life and existence, that you
demonstrate unerringly to have none of.

------------------
You have clearly not learned that merely saying so doesn't make it so.

And that is humility. You are
absolutely convinced of your rightness, and that is the reason why you
know nothing.
Christopher R. Carlen

--------------------
Feeling one is right can have nothing to do with rightness, at all.
And:
You have clearly not learned that merely saying so doesn't make it so.
Rinse and repeat, (above).
-Steve

here we go again, ones fanciful beliefs must fit ones prejudices - and
all alternatives can be negated by abusing your opponent.

--------------------
The abuse is freeof charge, and unrelated to me being right.

Use what works - if a little white pill once a day works for you, then
do it. If years of counselling/psychotherapy/holistic/remove the
problem/change your diet/ works for you, then use that method.

----------------------
Whatever you decide to swallow, you cannot help your decision or what
comes from it. This applies to pills or ideas, you're a product of
cause and effect.

The little white pill method works if you are surrounded by crap you
cant control, the other methods work if you can change your
environment to eliminate or reduce the stressors.

-----------------------------------
No, you take the pill if cause and effect makes you think it's a good
idea, and not because it actually is or is not. If you decide not
to then you may get worse or better, again due to cause and effect.

Either method is valid, there is no clearly superior model (it would
have emerged by now if that was so) so at least look at all the
alternatives and work out what is best for you as an individual.

Nonsense, again you ignore cause and effect.

-Steve
--
-Steve Walz ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!