Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Overpopulation

On Tuesday, 14 April 2015 11:20:16 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 13 April 2015 21:45:22 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 13 April 2015 13:59:22 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 13/04/2015 13:01, whisky-dave wrote:
On Sunday, 12 April 2015 21:50:27 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 10/04/2015 14:28, whisky-dave wrote:
I often wondered why they don't build larger cities or enlarge the
existing ones it's not like there's not enough space, if you can
build on a desert in navada [sic] why not AUS, same goes with audi
dubai [sic].

Nevada is running on "fossil water" - coming out of underground
aquifers. Which will be empty soon. Plus most of the Colorado
river,
which doesn't even get to the sea any more.

Abu Dhabi does a lot of distillation... but then, they have the oil
for
the power.

Andy

Are you sure it's distillation ?
you're not talking about roger sheep's private still are you ;-)
I thought Aus was planning on a Desalination plant, very expensive
and
uses a lot of power too, and using solar panels and heating up salt
store the energy as heat rather than in batteries.

Desalination plants have already been built in Oz and are on standby
should they ever need them. That's forward thinking, IMO.

I wonder how much it cost to keep something like that on standby.

A hell of a lot the way they have chosen to do that.

Wonder why they didn't choose a differnt way.

Because they were as stupid as you.

if they don't need it why have it, and if
they aren't using it much then why not ?

Its used in times of drought when there isn't
enough water coming from the sky, stupid.

What do you mean not enough water coming
from the sky, there was enough ~50 years ago.

Wrong, as always. There was in fact an equally severe drought in the past.

So there'e no change in the amount of water coming from the sky then is there stupid.

Now what would happen if you had more immigration perhaps 300,000 ariving
each year,

We aren't that stupid.

You don't want the economy of AUS to improve, I thought immigration was good for teh economy.

or would the sky produce more water ?

Even you aren't actually THAT stupid.

The sky doesn't produce water stupid.

If immigration is good for the economyy

It obviously is.

So why not increase immigration in AUS.
Why through out all those working illegally.

Australia has the space far more than the UK has.

You quite sure you aren't one of those rocket scientist terminal ****wits ?

No I'm the sort of person that looks at the land mass of the UK and of AUS and see the AUS as having more space on it's island than the UK does.