Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT; Customers....

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Message left on Sunday morning.

"My kitchen taps need new washers, can you come around and give me an
estimate".

Asking for a visit to quote is a bit OTT

Not necessarily if they have just stated it poorly
and its actually a mixer that doesnt have washers
and can be quite expensive to fix when it leaks.

but I see no problem in asking for a price in advance.

Clearly it doesnt make a lot of sense to ask for an estimate
it it really is just a couple of tap washers. It would cost Dave
as much to show up and give an estimate as to change the
washer if they dont like the estimate offered and are asking
for a number of quotes before getting the cheapest to do the
work.

I'm sure Dave is not the type to take advantage but some would treat it as
a blank cheque.

But the customer doesnt necessarily know much about him.