Browntimdc

Default APC Smart-UPS ... battery float voltage adjustment?

"stu" wrote in
:

Put all this in brackets and label "l think". l am sure someone will
yell at me if l have it wrong.
Dpends on how "smart" the charger is, if it is just a float charger
and doesn't monitor the battery voltage and you wanted to drop the
float voltage to about 13.2V a diode in the charge cable will do it.
there are different sorts of diodes that will give you a lower voltage
drops. but the "normal" diode is about 0.8V drop(l think)

just an idea
don't be afraid to yell at me if l am wrong.

You're right. In the past I have put a diode in series with a charger and
readjusted the float to compensate for the drop. This was to prevent the
charger from draining the battery during a power failure.

Tim