*sigh*

Default Reusing components from hi-fi, tv's etc

Anyone have a few tips on recovering things like transistors, thyristors,
coils and other parts from thrown transistor radios, VCR's and such?

A mini blow torch works fast but it gives a lot of smoke and often destroy
the whole thing if I'm not careful. I have most success with grinding away
some of the back of the print and simply pulling the components off with the
'legs' still on but it's still rough and destroys some of the things I'm
after, in particular the smaller, brittle components.

I live close to a public 'recycling station' so I have access to tons of
weird electronics from both private/company stuff. The weirdest things end
up there, just can't help messing around with it LOL I must admit I prey
on the cable container too, my house is fitted with lots of reused stuff
like plugs and sockeys (my local electrician inspects it for me now and then
so the insurance folks dont get too unhappy)

All useful input appreciated thanks