Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 04:13:16 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 9 April 2015 21:56:03 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 04:04:34 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

How ?
If I want to know the peak voltage I leave the meter connected go off
have a cup of tea and when I come back the peak, average, maxium can
be called up,
(depending on meter) without me having to sit there for seconds,
minutes, hours or days staring at a needle with a mirror behind it.

Slight misunderstanding here. I'm talking of the kind of tweaking and
peaking us radio hams have to do when tuning intermediate frequency
stages of amplifiers. The effect is much more easily seen with an
analogue meter.

yes I can understand how flicking needles can make things easiier for
some.
But the majoroty I think are better off with a DMM, some of those have
anolgue displays if you really need it.
Are they many radios hams left, our rad-soc in the uni disapeared 20
years ago.

We have a Tinkering Society here (and a maker space).

I think we got 14 people through their Foundation licence last year, and
another 12 this year (plus some Intermediates and an Advanced).

wish to copy them they can pay me £30a message.