Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Decent Digital Multimeter for DIY?

In article , Cursitor Doom
scribeth thus
On Thu, 09 Apr 2015 04:04:34 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

How ?
If I want to know the peak voltage I leave the meter connected go off
have a cup of tea and when I come back the peak, average, maxium can be
called up,
(depending on meter) without me having to sit there for seconds,
minutes, hours or days staring at a needle with a mirror behind it.

Slight misunderstanding here. I'm talking of the kind of tweaking and
peaking us radio hams have to do when tuning intermediate frequency
stages of amplifiers. The effect is much more easily seen with an
analogue meter.

'Tho best seen on the DC coupled input on a scope..

You can "amplify" the trace and then move it with the shift controls to
magnify it as it were...
--
Tony Sayer