Rich Grise

Default my amplified ear wont work!

pil top-posted:

that really helped alot. Pinouts of my transisors are correct because I
measured their HFE's on my DMM.

One question, about the mains hum - I am using a 1,5V cell. Will I still
hear the hum if I use this cell instead of using a mains PSU? And if so,
why?

You'll hear it when you touch the input point, because your body is
picking up the 60Hz power freq that's everywhere. Also, your circuit
itself could be acting as that antenna.

"Andrew Holme" wrote in message
"pil" wrote in message
I built the amplified ear found at
http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/audio/023/
I do get some noise out of it that sounds a lot like one of these

listening
devices but thats it. No sounds are picked up by the mic.

What could be wrong. All trannies have hfe's of 140-180.

1. You should hear mains hum (buzz) if you touch the input with your
finger.

--
Cheers!
Rich