Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Fractal antennae

In article , Capitol
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In articleNb2dnagS9oT1crnInZ2dnUVZ8tOdnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk, Capitol
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article6MydnfbUCciHQb7InZ2dnUVZ8tadnZ2d@brightvie w.co.uk, Capitol
scribeth thus
Martin Brown wrote:

Unless you are a big fan of Dave why not install FreeSat? I doubt if
pigeons can do much harm to a dish beyond adding "dielectric coating".

Doesn't really suit8 TV receiver locations& 6 recording

locations.

Well using a "multiswitch" does that...

Can't see how that helps.

Right U use a certain type of LNB which has four outputs. IIRC its
called a Quad or Quattro. Each one of the outputs which receives signals
is on either the upper or lower part of the band and vertical or
horizontal polarisation.

Each outlet then can take whichever one of the four inputs it needs and
by such means a lot of receivers etc can get a feed..

So, you are limited to 4 channels at a time?

No. All the multiswitch does is to distribute the Four outputs of an
ASTRA sat system to any receiver so receiver 1 may be tuned to the
Hi-band and Vertical polarisation, RX 2 to the Low band Horiz
polarisation and the rest to any off them or combination.

Its just like TV distribution of course every TV or satellite receiver
has to have a suitable tuner.

Incidentally, loft aerials
don't work very well in this location, the additional problems of a low
pitched concrete roof and rain/snow etc rather rules one out.

We if the existing one works at like gutter height then perhaps a hi
gain amplified one might well do the trick in the loft. Modern Digital
reception is very tolerant of ghosting which may have plagued analogue
so if its above a sufficient threshold?.

I somehow doubt a more esoteric aerial will improve matters is in the
end is all down to how much metal is up there to develop the required
volts in the right place!.

Nowhere else it could go then?.?.
--
Tony Sayer