Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bod[_3_] Bod[_3_] is offline

Default OT Overpopulation

On 08/04/2015 11:08, Bod wrote:
On 08/04/2015 11:02, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 08/04/2015 10:30, Bod wrote:
On 08/04/2015 10:09, Capitol wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 08/04/2015 09:43, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bod
wrote:

On 08/04/2015 08:27, Rod Speed wrote:
harryagain wrote

http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...twork/gallery/

2015/apr/01/over-population-over-consumption-in-pictures?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Britain in a few years due to immigration?

Not a chance.

Agreed.
Why is it that there are so many sad doom and gloom posters in this
newsgroup and uk rec cycling!

I'd be gloomy if I dressed up like an extra in a Star Wars film and
then had to ride a bike.

Most cyclists I see, do not wear Lycra etc. I certainly don't.
On hot sunny days I just wear a pair of shorts and I've never worn a
helmet.

In my terms, you're a pedal powered organ donor!

Perhaps you should get your facts right. You are way out:

ROAD DEATHS IN 2010-11

Car occupants: 883 (up 6%)
Pedestrians: 453 (up 12%)
Motorcyclists: 362 (down 10%)
Cyclists: 107 (down 4%)
Source: Department of Transport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18881049

In 2012, cars 643 billion passenger kilometres, cyclists & motorcyclists
each 5 bpk.

But which group are the main "organ donors"? which was the incorrect
statement I was replying to. The poster was totally incorrect to say
that it is cyclists.

The ambulance service would disagree. mobile organ donors is exactly
what the medics call them.

So the 107 cyclist fatalities are classed as donors and 883 car
fatalities are not considered as donors.....hmm!