Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default OT Overpopulation

On 08/04/2015 11:08, Bod wrote:
On 08/04/2015 11:02, Nightjar "cpb"@ wrote:
On 08/04/2015 10:30, Bod wrote:
On 08/04/2015 10:09, Capitol wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 08/04/2015 09:43, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Bod
wrote:

On 08/04/2015 08:27, Rod Speed wrote:
harryagain wrote

http://www.theguardian.com/global-de...twork/gallery/

2015/apr/01/over-population-over-consumption-in-pictures?CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Britain in a few years due to immigration?

Not a chance.

Agreed.
Why is it that there are so many sad doom and gloom posters in this
newsgroup and uk rec cycling!

I'd be gloomy if I dressed up like an extra in a Star Wars film and
then had to ride a bike.

Most cyclists I see, do not wear Lycra etc. I certainly don't.
On hot sunny days I just wear a pair of shorts and I've never worn a
helmet.

In my terms, you're a pedal powered organ donor!

Perhaps you should get your facts right. You are way out:

ROAD DEATHS IN 2010-11

Car occupants: 883 (up 6%)
Pedestrians: 453 (up 12%)
Motorcyclists: 362 (down 10%)
Cyclists: 107 (down 4%)
Source: Department of Transport

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18881049

In 2012, cars 643 billion passenger kilometres, cyclists & motorcyclists
each 5 bpk.

But which group are the main "organ donors"? which was the incorrect
statement I was replying to. The poster was totally incorrect to say
that it is cyclists.

I don't see anything about them being the main ones in the original
post, but in terms of deaths per billion passenger kms, they are second
after motorcyclists.

--
Colin Bignell