Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cl@isbd.net is offline

Default Using Gmail accounts in Outlook [OT in uk.d-i-y]

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
I did wonder if that's what you meant. :-)

Still only encrypts between you and your ISP though, what happens
beyond that on the way to the E-Mail's destination is anybody's guess
and is essentially insecure - or at least you should assume it is.

The only way you can ensure some sort of privacy is to encrypt the
mail itself using PGP or similar. Otherwise, I repeat, E-Mails are
neither secure nor private, regardless of SSL or whatever between you
and your ISP.

Correct. but at least it takes one very weak link - a packet sniffer on
your own wifi - out of the possible lines of attack...

What WiFi? :-) The system I use to send mail is hard wired to the
router.

--
Chris Green
ยท